CHALK (Choosing Healthy & Active Lifestyles for Kids) is a program of New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University. CHALK’s work with schools encourages creating a health-promoting school environment. Specifically, CHALK focuses upon nutrition and physical activity by promoting student, staff, and parent wellness. CHALK works to ensure that partner schools have active School Wellness Councils that set health priorities, such as introducing CHALK’s Healthy Snack Policy, providing monthly Healthy Habit newsletters to caregivers and staff, and increasing opportunities for physical activity through the Just Move Program. CHALK has launched 3 Toolkits that can be used to develop a health promotion program in the community, in elementary schools, and in clinical settings. Check out and utilize these toolkits here!
- New Yorkers Share Their Stories: “We must fight so our kids have PE”
- Department of Education Releases 2016-2017 PE Report
- NYLPI Releases Report on State of Physical Education in New York City Public Schools
- Why PE Matters for School Planning
- Coalition Applauds New York City’s Universal Physical Education Initiative